Performance management should be a continuous process that drives development. There will always be circumstances where performance does not meet expectations. Such situations are disruptive and costly and managers can often find holding conversations around performance daunting.
Who is it for?
This one day workshop will provide those that attend with the tools to develop a culture of trust and high impact performance.
- The causes of unsatisfactory performance and behaviours
- Barriers to dealing with underperformance
- Evidence of underperformance
- Structuring a discussion around performance issues
- Feedback models
- Dealing with difficult performance management issues
- Exploring your role as a performance manager and coach
- Setting clear expectations
- Linking relationship styles to a meeting structure
- What to do when the performance plan doesn’t work
By the end of this workshop you will have be able to:
- Set clear expectations and monitor performance against them
- Be confident in structuring a discussion and delivering feedback
- Understand the importance of individual styles to a discussion
- Apply a formal process where the performance plan isn’t effective