Performance management is widely recognised as playing a key role in the development of skills in the workplace, and a vital part of the performance management process is the performance review meeting. Handled well and the benefits of reviewing are enormous. Handled badly and team members may leave the review meeting feeling de-motivated and undervalued.
This workshop is designed to focus on the skills that are essential to holding outcome focused performance review meetings. From setting objectives and standards, delivering structured feedback through to the actual performance review itself, and avoiding common pitfalls on the way.
Who is it for?
This one day workshop is essential for managers who have responsibility for delivering performance review conversations.
- Preparation for the Review
- Objective setting
- Feedback & feedforward
- Holding ‘difficult’ conversations
- Effective questioning and active listening skills
- Body language
- Practice case study examples
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Set and agree clear performance standards
- Set clear objectives for the performance review
- Demonstrate confidence in delivering structured feedback, and be able to meet and resolve challenging issues as they arise
- Use effective questioning techniques
- Deal effectively with ‘difficult’ reviewees
- Avoid common pitfalls
- Prepare personal training and development plans with your team members
- Improve the effectiveness of an individual