Interim support for your HR team
There are times when your HR team needs an extra pair of hands. When that need is temporary, taking on more staff can be an expensive, inflexible solution.
Crafnant HR offers a simple, cost-effective alternative. We provide support for established HR teams just when its required. When you find yourself needing extra capacity, we work seamlessly with your team. Whether we’re covering staff shortages, helping with transitions or unusual circumstances, or advising on a specific project, our broad HR experience means we can fill the gaps you need.
Types of support
Businesses need interim Human Resources support for many reasons. Our recent projects have included:
- Taking on routine work so that the HR team could develop a new project
- Providing short-term cover while waiting for a new employee to start
- Short-listing and conducting telephone screening interviews for new HR staff. Crafnant HR liaised closely with the recruiting manager to ensure only suitably qualified applicants were short-listed.
- Undertaking disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings
- Supporting line managers at grievance, capability and disciplinary hearings, where it was not appropriate for any of the permanent HR team to do so.
- Advising on restructures and redundancy consultations
- Providing additional capacity for redundancy consultations and appeals
- Reviewing and advising on an in-house appraisal scheme. Following interviews and discussion, Crafnant made recommendations for improving the scheme.
- Supporting roll-out of new employment contracts, freeing the HR Manager to work on other business-critical tasks.
- Advising board members on appeals against dismissal by senior members of staff
- Coaching and mentoring stand-alone HR managers, thereby increasing their effectiveness
- Providing external support to run assessment centres using numerical and verbal reasoning tests and personality profiling
- Helping HR team members to work together more effectively. Using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Crafnant HR helped team members understand each other’s needs and methods of working.
Tell us your HR needs
Based near Swindon, Crafnant HR works with local, national and international clients. If you need HR support, but don’t want the inconvenience and cost of taking on extra staff, talk to us. Get in touch today and we’ll discuss your needs and how we can help.
As a small business with a strong administration team, we are capable of delivering routine HR activity for ourselves. We got in touch with Tracy when we were looking for part-time expert HR support to address a range of specific people-related matters. We soon found real benefit in drawing Tracy into our senior management structure, to help us work in a wider range HR areas and to help give our consulting team members more opportunities for professional development. As MD, I have appreciated being able to talk openly with Tracy, as someone with bags of people and business sense but who is not involved with client project delivery.
BVG Associates Ltd