This one day workshop provides a practical overview of key areas across the employee life cycle. It will help provide managers with an insight into their responsibilities in dealing with HR and employment issues in the workplace.
Who is it for?
This workshop is designed for those that have a responsibility for managing people or dealing with employment issues and needing to ensure they do so effectively within the legal framework.
Creating the Employment Relationship
- Managing successful recruitment and selection
- Ensuring equality and diversity in recruitment
Managing the Employment Relationship
- Understanding the costs, impact and types of absences
- Managing short term, long term and unauthorised absences
- Effectively conducting Return to Work Interviews
- The performance management cycle
- The purpose of disciplinary and grievance procedures, the steps involved and implementing them fairly and consistently
- Promoting diversity and equality in the workplace
Changes in the Employment Relationship
- Managing change and the impact on the team
By completing this workshop, attendees will:
- Be confident in making the right recruitment decisions
- Feel more confident in dealing with sickness absence
- Have a structure in conducting return to work interviews
- Demonstrate the skills in dealing with performance or conduct issues
- Be familiar with the legislation relating to discrimination and harassment